1. Applicants must be full-time students of the partner institution/university with sufficient proficiency in the English Language.
2. Applicants can undertake a period of study ranging from one trimester to one academic year. Applicants are advised to consult their faculty and the international office staff prior to making any decisions on exchange.
3. Applicants on academic exchange may attend classes with or without seeking credit transfers for subjects taken at UTAR. Applicants need to fulfill all attendance and programme requirements at UTAR while ensuring that the requirements of the home institution are not breached during the exchange. Written approval and advise from the respective Deans/Head of Department university/institution is required prior to embarking on the exchanged programme.
4. Applicants may choose from any programme offered at UTAR:
a) Training courses by the Centre for Extension Education (CEE).
b) Undergraduate Programmes
c) Postgraduate Programmes
Details of Programmes offered can be obtained at the UTAR Website.
5. Undergraduate/postgraduate applicants should return to their home institution to complete their programme of study. The exchanged programme allows a maximum of one academic year of exchange and the awarding of degree is by the home institution, not UTAR.
6. Training and certificate courses organized by the UTAR Centre for Extension Education (CEE) will be issued UTAR certificates upon completion and fulfillment of the courses at UTAR.